Our approach to external linking
Treacle provides links to external websites. These links are included for a number of reasons, including:
- for relevant information or key source material
- for background information
- for useful practical information
- for connecting users to organisations who may be able to help
We do not link to external sites in return for cash, services or any other consideration in kind.
We link to sites purely on merit. These will most often be free to access, but users may sometimes be asked to register or subscribe before viewing content.
The homepage team selects links and evaluates websites on the basis of relevance. Most of these sites will be charities, small local businesses, or NFP organisations.
Links to external websites
External links are selected and reviewed when the page is published. However, treacle.me is not responsible for the content of external websites. This is because:
- Treacle does not produce them or maintain/update them
- Treacle cannot change them
- they can be changed without the Treacle’s knowledge agreement.
Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services.
The inclusion of a link to an external website from treacle.me should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).