Crown Green Bowling: A Social Prescribing Option for Improved Health and Wellbeing
Social prescribing is a NHS initiative that aims to improve the health and wellbeing of people by connecting them with activities and services in their community. Crown green bowling can be a great option for social prescribing, as it offers a number of health benefits including:
- Improved physical health: it is a low-impact activity that can help to improve cardiovascular health, muscle strength and flexibility, and balance.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: this can be a great way to relax and de-stress. The sport requires concentration and focus, which can help to take your mind off of your worries.
- More social interaction: bowling is a great way to meet new people and make friends. To promote social interaction and support the sport is often played in teams.
- Increased confidence: activities such as this can help to improve self-confidence and self-esteem. The sport requires skill and practice, which can lead to a sense of achievement.
- Crown Green Bowling is a great Social Prescribing Option for Improved Health and Wellbeing
If you are looking for a fun, social, and healthy activity, crown green bowling is a great option. It is a great way to meet new people, make friends, and improve your physical and mental health.
It is a popular, low impact sport in the UK and can be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities. Crown green bowling is also a great way to meet new people and make friends.
A great example of a community focussed bowling club is Haworth Central Park Bowling Club. Located in beautiful Grade 2 listed park in West Yorkshire. The club is a haven for people to enjoy gentle exercise, friendships and putting the world to rights over a cup of tea. Some members forming teams to play in the local Worth Valley League competitions. The main aim of the club, has always been to provide social recreation for the community of Haworth.
“I had time on my hands and was looking to join somewhere to meet new people. Increasing my exercise and activity was also important. I was given coaching and my first lesson and decided there and then to give Bowls a go. The other members of the Club were happy that I join them in a game and give advice, it has been very much appreciated.
There was one thing that did surprise me, and that was the lack of single members, as many had joined as couples (although often only one half was a playing member). So to all you singletons out there, I say:
Come along to beautiful Central Park and give Bowling a try. You won’t be disappointed and I guarantee that you will be given the warmest of welcomes. I can honestly say that the members of Haworth Bowling Club are some of the friendliest and most welcoming group of people. So come along and see for yourself, you won’t regret it.”
How to Get Started
To get started here are a few things you can do:
- Find a local club: The best way to find a local crown green bowling club is to ask your GP or local authority. This is a helpful link which will help you find a club in your area. https://bcgba.justgo.com/clubfinder.htm
- Book a trial session: Many clubs offer free trial sessions. This is a great way to try the sport and see if it is right for you.
- Join a club: Once you have decided that you want to give crown green bowling a try, you can join a club. Most clubs have membership fees, but these are usually very reasonable.
- If you are looking for other similar form of exercise, check out Treacle.me https://www.treacle.me/social-prescribing/category/my-health/outdoor-activity/
Crown green bowling is a great way to improve your health and wellbeing. It is a low-impact activity that is enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities. Crown green bowling is also a great way to meet new people and make friends. If you are looking for a way to improve your health and wellbeing, crown green bowling is a great option.